BiWiNa strives to develop and strengthen economic competence within the scope of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). We are guided by the following principles:
1. Economic theory has to face up to social challenges more strongly than before and create a sound framework for a sustainable economy.
2. Economic education must be transformed into economic Education for Sustainable Development (eESD).
3. eESD should become an integral part of the entire education sector.
4. Quality training for eESD must be provided for all levels of education.
5. Companies and municipalities are central change agents for sustainable development and therefore bear special responsibility for the development and expansion of eESD.
6. Local places of informal, non-formal and lifelong learning are "network nodes" for a necessary acceleration of social transformation. Here, eESD needs to play a more prominent role.